Monday, April 28, 2008

Passion

This is in response to "SheDevil's" comment regarding passion, as I felt it needed some exploring.

Passion has a funny way of expressing itself.

You say that passion is something that is "missing" from your life, but I think you're overlooking something. If you throw your heart and soul into a hobby, it is merely a new way of expressing the passion that is part of who you are. Truly passionate people find avenues to use as outlets for this burning fire that drives them. In your case it sounds as though your hobbies are acting as just such an outlet, a way for you to use this pent up desire and cope with the lack of it in other areas of your life.

The passion I feel for this woman is driven from within, the same fire that drives me to aspire to better my own life. It is also the same fire I see burning inside her, a deep smoldering heat waiting for the right fuel. I see a lot of the things I like about myself reflected in her, and is probably why I am so drawn to her.

I think you will find the passion you seek is right in front of you, probably somewhere you least expected it to be.

No comments: